Use the 5 tips below to help you get through the winter bugs with more comfort.
1. Drink water. It is very important to keep hydrated so drink more water than usual, if you do not drink water then this is the time to start. Runny noses and sweating reduces the fluid in the body more than usual. Add a dash of lemon juice or cider vinegar if you need a little taste. Remember – coffee is not water, tea is not water, squash is not water………
2. Wash your hands and beware of public door handles, shopping trolleys etc. Keep your hands away from your face when out and about to avoid rubbing in the latest cold when you scratch your nose. Be kind to others and when you are sick carry a hand sanitiser, lots of tissues.
3. Have a bottle of eucalyptus oil to help keep your nasal passages clear, this oil is also very good to clear the head and help you think more clearly. Lemon oil is fantastic to kill off pathogens in the air and smells lovely so sprinkle some on a tissue and keep it nearby or use an atomiser, lemon will reduce the chances of you catching a bug from others. (I like UK Freshskin for this – available uk on ebay, amazon and their own website, 100ml bottles at excellent prices). You do not need the expensive organic oils for this use.
4. Learn the pressure point tapping routine that Donna Eden has compiled and she shows on Ytube. It takes just a few minutes (less than 4) daily and is a great pick me up when you are ill as well as helping keeping you healthy at other times.
5. Stroke your lymph. Easy move is as follows.
Put your index fingers at the point of your chin, stroke along your jaw line to behind your ear. From the dip behind your earlobe slide down the channel in your neck ending at the inner part of the collar bone. Do this five times. Then massage down your armpit towards your chest five times. This will help keep the lymph channels flowing and reduce congestion.
I also offer a lymphatic massage routine that is designed to keep the whole body lymphatic system in tip top condition. It is relaxing and perks you up at the same time! If you are feeling sluggish after illness this is a very refreshing treatment to get you back on your feet. In Australia this lymphatic treatment is recommended by a hospital to cancer patients to help reduce the side effects of treatment.